Saturday, March 16, 2013

The coolest gig

I don't usually share my work here, but for this one, I am making an exception because I am geeking out a little( a lot)about it. A few months ago, I was approached by Marvel comics to do a cover for their Wolverine Variant covers. I guess what they do is they approach different artist who not from Marvel and ask them to do their take on a character. They gave me the choice between Iron Man and Wolverine, and, of course, I chose Logan. I grew up reading Marvel comics and even wanted to be a Marvel artist at one point. So, when I received the offer, I felt like a kid at Christmas. I also was pretty scared...more than for other jobs since I know I don't necessarily draw the "Marvel" way..but, boy ho boy..was that a fun gig. Here is the cover.it'll be out later this year, but since it was already posted online here http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75738 I figured it would be ok to share it with you as well. That's all. CHeers, and, thank you George, at Marvel for making one of my childhood dreams come true.

10 comments:

chanko said...

Best Wolverine cover ever...

Showing the most human part of the hero.

Great!

Kevin said...

Wow! Nice dichotomy there. I like your take on Wolverine. Congratulations on getting the project too!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! Congratulations on the opportunity!

Aaron said...

Congrats!
Great illustration..depicts Wolverine and Mariko's character very well.
Cheers for more!

Unknown said...

Pascal, you described that feeling of excitement and nervousness so well. Congratulations on the achievement - what a great honor to get to do a Marvel cover.

Nancy said...

Congratulations...I love the sentence "the dream come true" !!

paweł miedziński said...

very very nice artwork, Greetings!

pascal said...

Thank you so much, merci!

Colette (Coco) said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So awesome. Congrats on the gig, sir.